Come and join us for a full evening of entertainment and socializing. Gatherings continue to be a full evening of fun, family friendly events at one of our two amazing locations:
- The Self Help Center/Great Aunt Stella Center in downtown Charlotte, located at 926 Elizabeth Avenue.
- Anne Springs Close Greenway, 288 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill, SC 29715
Food Trucks are often on site, and Bluegrass and Old Time jams generally will precede the featured concert. Check the specific Gathering event page for start times and location. There is no cost to attend the Gatherings, although for those who can, we encourage $15.00 per person donation, so that we can meet operational costs. Parking is free.
Make Your Event Special With Regional Music
The Charlotte Folk Society has extensive resources to help you with your special event or conference, whether you want just a taste of this region’s Appalachian musical heritage or a full evening of music and dance with audience participation.
Some of the ways folks use our network are:
- Hire an Old Time duet for a wedding
- Hire a trio of musicians for a birthday party
- Hire a singer/songwriter for your anniversary
- Hire a Bluegrass Band for a BBQ
We discuss your needs with you and you make one payment to us. We take care of the rest — lining up the musicians, paying the musicians, etc. E-mail us for more details.
Our earnings from this service helps support the ongoing work of the Folk Society.